Please consider supporting our work. Donate safely and securely using this button:
The GMO Free Project of Tucson is a project of NEST, Inc., a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization. Donations, payable to NEST, Inc., may be sent to P.O. Box 41144, Tucson, AZ 85717. Please indicate that they are for GFPT. Thank you.
JOIN THE GMO FREE PROJECT OF TUCSON
The following websites have excellent material.
Books about Genetically Modified Food
Seeds of Deceptionby Jeffrey M. Smith
Genetic Roulette: The Documented Health Risks of Genetically Engineered Foods by Jeffrey M. Smith
Your Right to Know: Genetic Engineering and the Secret Changes in Your Food by Andrew Kimbrell
- BUY NON-GMO FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY
- Buy Organic
- Avoid the major GM crops – soy, corn, canola, cottonseed and beet sugar.
- Buy unprocessed foods – 70% of processed foods are GMO.
- Produce codes – 4 digit – conventionally grown; 9 before the code– organic;
- Pick up a non-GMO shopping guide at New Life Health Center – Speedway or download one from www.responsibletechnology.org
If you’d like one-on-one counseling or coaching to help you go GMO free, seek out a nutritionist to work with who specializes in non-GMO counseling and coaching. Our own Melissa Diane Smith is one such nutritionist. http://melissadianesmith.com.
Write your favorite local restaurants and ask them to use non-GMO ingredients so you can safely eat there. Click on the link to download a sample letter. Dear Restaurant Manager
- INVOLVE OTHERS
Tell friends and family members about the health risks of GMOs (genetically modified organisms) and how to avoid them. Share what you have learned with your community.
- HOLD A MOVIE SHOWING OR HOUSE PARTY TO SHOW The World According to Monsanto or other food related DVDs.
Do you have a business? Are you in a religious congregation? Do you sit on any boards? Are you involved with your local schools?
The GMO Free Project of Tucson can help you set this up for your group.
- SIGN AN ON-LINE PETITION AGAINST GMOs: On-line petitions can be found at:
Center for Food Safety: www.centerforfoodsafety.org, click on “Take Action”
Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund: www.ftcldf.org/petitions_new.htm
Institute for Responsible Technology: www.responsibletechnology.org, click on “Sign the Petition”